Laser Protection Adviser Services
We understand that providing a safe work environment for your clients/patients, you and your staff is a priority. We provide expert laser safety advice to ensure that your business is compliant with the relevant Health and Safety Legislation, Standards, and Best Practice Guidelines. Laser safety advice and training are provided by registered Laser Protection Advisers. If you are unsure of your requirements please contact us to book a consultation and we will be happy to discuss them with you free of charge.
Give yourself piece of mind knowing that your business is compliant, contact us to book a free consultation.us
What we can do for you:
- Carry out your laser or IPL risk assessment, a requirement of the Health and Safety Legislation.
- Develop and document for you, your laser/IPL safety controls that fit your practice or service.
- Provide tailored onsite laser/IPL safety training for you and your staff that includes the outcome of the risk assessment, which is a requirement of the Health and Safety Legislation, and an explanation of the laser/IPL documented controls, ‘Local Rules’.
- New laser or IPL service? We can advise you on the laser/IPL safety aspects of setting up your new service. This includes site assessment and advice on your proposed Laser/IPL Controlled Area; laser/IPL risk assessment and associated documented safety controls in place pre laser/IPL delivery; and laser/IPL safety training for you and your staff. Ensuring you are compliant with the Health and Safety Legislation before you start your service.
- Provide you with an annual Laser Protection Adviser service.
- Audit your laser/IPL Controlled Areas and safety processes, and give you practical advice and recommendations.
- We can also provide you with advice regarding laser equipment management.
Laser/IPL risk assessments and documented hazard controls are a requirement of the Health and Safety Legislation (Artificial Optical Radiation Directive, SI 176 2010).
The risk assessment is an in depth evaluation into each scenario in which your laser or IPL is used which, could result in an incident or injury. Your laser/IPL risk assessment will identify the hazard controls you need for a safe and compliant service. If your laser or IPL is already in service we will evaluate your current hazard controls. If you are in the process of purchasing or have purchased a new laser or IPL we can carry out this risk assessment before it goes into service, ensuring that you have the right hazard controls in place. As ultimate responsibility for all safety controls remains with you as an employer, this process includes a comprehensive review with you and your employees to ensure that the hazard controls are appropriate for your service. The hazard controls identified in the risk assessment are documented in your ‘Local Rules’. The laser/IPL safety procedures documented in the ‘Local Rules’ ensure that everyone in the Laser Controlled Area is safe, including your clients or patients, and documented hazard control are also a requirement of the Health and Safety Legislation.
Services can be provided on a short specific term contract or annual Laser Protection Adviser services contract. Give yourself piece of mind knowing that your business is compliant, contact us to book a free consultation.
Laser safety training for your professional needs.
Appropriate laser safety training for those working with lasers or IPLs is a requirement of the Health and Safety Legislation SI176 (2010), . This includes employees who are in a work environment where lasers or IPLs are in use, as well as the laser/IPL user. Our training courses are tailored to each profession, the laser or IPL you use, the environment in which you use your laser or IPL, and how you use it. We provide both ‘Core of Knowledge’ laser/IPL safety training for the operator, and laser/IPL safety ‘Awareness’ training for those assisting in the treatment. These can be provided onsite or online, and we currently provide monthly ‘Core of Knowledge’ laser safety training for Physiotherapist, Chiropractors, and Veterinarians using Laser Therapy lasers, as well as an Aesthetic ‘Core of Knowledge’ laser safety training course.